14 Questions To Ask Before You Send An Email Campaign
If you’ve been in the email marketing industry long enough, you’re sure to have a horror story about an email campaign gone wrong.
Whether it’s sending to the wrong list or sending at the wrong time, mistakes are going to happen. But they happen less to people who are prepared and run through a checklist before sending.
Email marketing checklists help guard against people being lulled into a false sense of security and overlooking important aspects of their campaign.
The Messaging Times put together this useful starter list of questions you should answer before sending your email campaigns:
- Is my “From” field correct for this email list (some marketers have different “From” names depending on their audience)?
- Is my “Subject” relevant to the email list that I’m sending it to? Is the Subject formatted correctly (headline format, caps for all first letters)?
- Is my subject spelled correctly? Is it worded well?
- Is the group list that I’m sending the message to correct?
- Is my message clear and relevant to the group list that I’m sending it to?
- Are all links within the message working correctly?
- Are all graphics included in the message loading properly and quickly?
- Is my call to action obvious?
- Are all words spelled correctly?
- Is my contact information correct?
- Are the details in the message accurate and up-to-date?
- Are my merge fields inserted correctly throughout the message?
- Has somebody else checked the message?
- Have I sent a test message to myself yet?
The article also includes an entertaining email marketing comic strip, so go check it out.